Monday 7 May 2012

Home Sweet Home....


We picked up the other Canadian who is working in Sweden at the airport to Copenhagen and then drove almost 3 hours to Varberg.  Right away we started with some training for work and getting our paperwork in order.  It went a lot smoother than I am used to ;)  We then went for supper and as always it was ammmmaaazing.  I am proud, and a little (ok a lot) embarrassed to say that I ate my ribs with a knife and fork .  I think that almost qualifies me as European :)  I also had the most incredible creme brulee i have ever had in my life. Ever.  After dinner we picked up the keys to what would be my home for the next two months.  I have to say I was more than impressed!  I am staying at the 'camp' just outside of work, and will be living with three other people in a cabin.  Knowing that these are work accommodations that are generally used by male contractors I was expecting the worst....smelly, dark, dirty, and cramped . How wrong I was. The cabins are bright, clean, up to date, and my extremely large room has its own bathroom and flat screen tv (complete with cable).  No complaints here!

My bedroom which is now prettied up with flowers


After a day off to get settled in it was time to start work.  The first week was for training and orientation.  I won’t bore you with the details since this is supposed to be a travel blog but wow what a learning curve!  Things are very different here and I’m really excited for the change!  My fellow co-workers have been very welcoming and even the food at work is awesome.

So my first week here went well.  I have a feeling that I am going to really enjoy my time here in Sweden and am looking forward to travelling around Europe.  I have already booked my flight for my first ‘weekend’ off.  Destination:  Paris.